Saturday, March 12, 2011

Welcome to Seasoned Celiac

I clearly remember the call from my doctor.  He told me that tests results showed I had celiac disease. He had to spell the word because I had never heard of it before.  It was such an emotional roller coaster ride at first. I was so happy to FINALLY have a diagnosis, but I also felt so devastated with  the radical life style change I would have to make for the rest of my life.  Information about celiac disease was difficult to find.  Gluten free food was almost nonexistent.  That was December, 1990. Twenty years later, I've become a "seasoned celiac".  After several "melt downs" in the beginning, I made the decision to focus on the food I could eat and not despair about the long  list of foods that were now poison to me. It's been a challenge in the kitchen, but I have learned so much and thought it was time to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment